At Extra Help, Inc., one thing we look forward to all year is our Christmas Party! Companies use the holiday party to thank employees for their hard work all year long, and have some fun while doing so. There are definitely some do’s and don’ts that should be followed for attending the party. See below for a list of suggestions.
- Do represent yourself in a way you would want your coworkers and boss to see you. Be professional; this is still a business function although it is meant to be fun and is usually outside of working hours.
- Don’t choose to sit this one out. Not attending may be viewed badly and it will definitely be noticed. Make the effort to at least make an appearance.
- Do enjoy yourself! The party is meant to be fun and the company spends a lot of money to provide you with a good time, so embrace it.
- Don’t drink too much! Know your limits.
- Do dress appropriately. Ask about the expected dress code and follow suit. Flashy and revealing clothing is not a way to represent yourself to coworkers and bosses.
- Don’t take place in any inappropriate behavior. Flirting with coworkers is never a good idea and not worth ending your time with a good company.
- Do take the time to mingle outside of your department. Learn about others who may be able to impact your career.
- Don’t spend the evening talking about work only. Take the time to learn more about the people you spend eight hours a day, five days a week with. Keep the conversation fun, upbeat, and appropriate. No complaining, controversial subjects, or bad jokes.
- Do thank the host!
These tips are meant to maximize your time at the Christmas party and be represented in the best way possible! Have fun and happy holidays from Extra Help!